Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Featured Shop: Shawls and Wraps


The weather is quickly getting colder in the awesome state of Michigan, and I'm sure many others. Shawls and Wraps has the perfect gifts to keep your loved ones warm this year! 


  • What/Who inspired you to start your craft? 
My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was a little girl. I use to sit on the floor in front of her and hold the yarn as she wound it into big colorful ball. She would tell me stories, and we would laugh and have the best time! Now, I find it soothing and it gives my hands something to do: I am one of those people who like to be busy all the time. 
  • How did you get started on Etsy?
I began making Shawls several years ago and I love making them. My shawls are made to be worn and enjoyed every day, not just on special occasions. I would gift them to friends and family, and even donate some at the Holiday Season to Nursing Homes to patients who had no family or gifts to celebrate the season with. I began accumulating them, and looked for an outlet by which to sell them. I had heard about Etsy, checked it out, and created my shop: ShawlsAndWraps. I've been loving it ever since! 


  • What's your favorite item in your shop and why?
Oh my...I love all the items I have made, so choosing one is difficult. If I had to choose one I would say it is this lovely light blue with white and variegated trim shawl that is just so elegant and pretty. 





  • What do you do in your downtime?
Downtime? What is that? <chuckle> I help my husband run his business, and I work as the administrative assistant to the board of directors of a major Non-Profit organization. Again I ask, what is downtime? :) 
  • What's a fun fact you want to share about yourself?
I absolutely love to travel! Mention a road trip and I can be packed in less than 10 minutes! 


  • Tell us a little about yourself?
Me? I am 61 years young and planning on retiring in 2015. I love to read, I love to crochet, I love to teach others whatever I know, and I am a firm believer in Never Give Up What Is In Your Heart! 


While you admire these other beautiful shawls, keep in mind that her Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale has already started!! 20% off all shawls and wraps PLUS free shipping!! Place your order soon so you get it in time for the holidays! 

Black Grey Red Wrap Shawl 


Beige Wrap Shawl 

Cuddle Set of Three Shawls


Amethyst and Blue Ladies Shawl


No comments:

Post a Comment