Monday, November 10, 2014

Featured Shop: Heart Felt Plush

Heart Felt Plush  has the perfect gift for the child in your life, and those that are children at heart!


  • What/Who inspired you to start your craft?
I was actually inspired in a really unexpected way. In 1996, I belonged to a site called "the palace" and fell in love with the digital doll avatars. I started making my own digital dolls and joined a few forums where I could get advice and show off my pixels. I started my own website and had a member's where people could download all sorts of digital pixels. As life got busier, I slowly stopped digital drawing and didn't think about it much until about 4 years ago. I decided to take my digital dolls and turn them into something tangible, and Heart Felt Plush was born. For a couple years, they were just for family and friends and this year I decided to take it to the next level. 
  • How did you get started on Etsy?
When I decided to start selling my dolls and plushies, Etsy was the only choice for me. I've been an avid crafter for years, so I already had a buyer membership to Etsy and have purchased from other sellers before. The transition to seller was quite easy. 
  •  What's your favorite item in your shop and why?
At this moment, my favorite item is the Halloween 'witch' leg decorations I have up. I just find them to be so cute, fun and girly. The candy corn material has a little glitter in it, I just wish it came across better in pictures. 



  • What do you do in your downtime?
I actually don't have a lot of "downtime" Etsy isn't my full time job, so the time I spend crafting and making plushies is actually my "downtime".
  • What's a fun fact you want to share about yourself?
I graduated from college in 2009, with a BS in Game Art and Design. I am a total gamer nerd, and LOVE a good hack and slash :)
  • Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 40 years old and have 3 wonderful children. My oldest is in college this year, and my youngest is 11. I spent 8 years severing in the United States Air Force, and it was the best job I've ever had. I am a happy, positive person who always looks for the beauty in things and I've always been a crafter. When I was 9, my grandmother taught me how to crochet, and I would spend hours making clothes for my barbie's. I have a very active imagination, and love bringing joy to someone's life. My happiest day is when one of my customers sends me a message and tells me they love the item I made for them. They are my true reward <3

Check out these other adorable plushies and dolls!!

Personal Tooth Fairy Pillow




Fox Doll




Owl Doll




Gingerbread Girl Christmas Ornament



No comments:

Post a Comment