Friday, November 7, 2014

Featured Shop: 910WoolGathering

Looking for something warm to give as gifts this winter? Check out 910WoolGathering


  • What/Who inspired you to start your craft? 

I have crocheted since I was about 8 years old. My grandmother crocheted a lot, I am sure that influenced me. After I grew up I wanted to learn to knit, so I taught myself, sock yarn was hard to come by so I also taught myself to spin. After learning that and getting a few sheep, Geri Hamby helped me get started working professionally. 

  • How did you get started on Etsy? 
After opening a brick and mortar shop in historic Lexington MO, I soon realized that internet sales were going to be needed to help support my business. I have since moved but still keep building my Etsy shop. 


  • What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
The White Chevron Scarf is probably my favorite item in shop right now. I am really happy with how it turned out. I love the tonal striping and all the texture, and how they play out together. 
  • What do you do in your downtime? 
I play online games with my husband in my downtime (when not crocheting). We are currently playing Smite, but also play Guild Wars 2. I am also active in several online communities. 
  • What's a fun fact you want to share about yourself?
I use to raise Jersey cows for milk and made homemade cheese. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. 
  • Tell us a little about yourself. 
I am in my 40's. I have kids ranging from 10 to 22 and step children from 5-15. I homeschool. I love drawing, politics, science, and am trying to learn the banjo. 





Check out some more gift ideas from her shop!!

Sunrise  wool shawl


Ruffle scarf Cotton button collar


Purple knit triangle scarf



Linen headband








No comments:

Post a Comment