Friday, November 28, 2014

Featured Shop: Christina's Baby Gifts

It can be hard to find unique handmade gifts for children and baby's but Christina's Baby Gifts make it easy to find the perfect gift that is also extra special! 


  • What/Who inspired you to start your craft?
Mostly my first born son but I also come from a family of crafters and grew up doing craft fairs with my parents. 
  • How did you get started on Etsy?
I started on Etsy after a family friend told me about it. At first I just used it to buy supplies but after doing craft fairs for a couple years and watching my little business grow, I decided to open a shop. 
  • What's your favorite item in your shop and why?
I have to many favorite items to pick just one but the ones that I like making the most are my recycled crayons. I think mainly because my boys can help me with them and I love the looks on their faces as I take them out of the molds. 






  • What do you do in your downtime?
I don't have down time. My full time job is a stay at home mom to my 3 boys (5,3, and 1) so I do my crafting/business stuff during the 1 to 3 hours I get at nap time during every day, but when I am with my boys we enjoy feeding the ducks, going for walks, and just playing outside. We also spend a lot of time at the town library during the winter. 
  • Tell us a little about yourself. 
I was a preschool teacher until I had my first son (We decided I wasn't going to go back to work). Then one day after a feeding I had the idea to start making baby gifts, so when I started back in summer 2009 I was making baby items like diaper cakes and other small items. Then I learned to sew and started making baby blankets. As my first son grew, so did my business and now I make more items for young children than babies. My sons have inspired many of my items and are still my inspiration behind everything I do.



Check out these other adorable gift ideas! 

frog & turtle crayon roll


I spy bag


Butterfly Crayon Bag


Race car Chalkboard placemat




No comments:

Post a Comment