Thursday, November 20, 2014

Featured Shop: Old Soul Artisan


Shopping for someone that LOVES candles? Old Soul Artisan has the best selection to help you get gifts for everyone! 


  • What/Who inspired you to start your craft?
I was inspired to make candles about 5 or 6 years ago so that I could gift them. For several years I made candles only around Christmas time. Eventually my interest and knowledge of candle making grew and making them only once a year was not enough! 





  • How did you get started on Etsy?
I opened my Etsy store in September, 2014. I had been selling candles to my friends and family and decided to expand my business online. Etsy seemed like the most logical choice sine it's customers enjoy handmade items as much as I do. 





  • What's your favorite item in your shop and why?
My favorite item in my shop is my Lemon Zest for Life Candle. The candle smells good enough to eat (but please don't eat my candles!) and it puts me in a good mood every time I smell it. 
  • What do you do in your downtime?
In my downtime I enjoy reading and spending time getting better at other crafts, such as knitting. 
  • What's a fun fact you want to share about yourself?
In May, 2014 I received my M.A. in International Peace and Conflict Resolution. 
  • Tell us a little about yourself. 
I live in Trenton, New Jersey with my husband and two rescued animals; a once-stray cat named Gizmo and a once-shelter pitbull named Kiko. While my craft is candle making and I personally make each and every one, Old Soul Artisan is a collective of several crafty women that make several types of items. We also make handcrafted dream catchers, grapevine wreaths, and now custom wood burned signs. We have a great time together and encourage more creative ventures between artisans! 




Check out these other awesome candles she's made!!

Pink Hope Breast Cancer Awareness Charity Hand Poured Natural Soy Candle


Sweet Orange Chili Soy Candle


Cranberry Marmalade Soy Candle


Spiced Apple Cider Soy Candle








No comments:

Post a Comment