Monday, December 1, 2014

Featured Shop: Surprise Designs

Have you finished shopping yet? Nearly done? Well we only have a few shops left in our holiday featured shop segment to help you pick out those last minute gifts, so you're sure to be done shopping soon! Next up, Surprise Designs. Her fingerless gloves make perfect stocking stuffers! 



  • What/Who inspired you to start your craft?
My Aunt Yvonne inspired me to crochet. She taught me how to use a crochet needle and start a chain, when I was 14. 
  • How did you get started on Etsy?
I got started on Etsy after talking with local artist who started selling their work on Etsy. I loved that there was a place for handmade artist to make money doing what they loved. 
  • What's your favorite item in your shop and why?
My favorite items are my new fingerless gloves. They are my favorite because they are easy to make. They are also great for male, female, adults, and teens. 


  • What do you do in your downtime?
In my downtime I crochet, bake, read, workout, and spend time with my family. 
  • What's a fun fact you want to share about yourself?
A fun fact I was to share is that I enjoy teaching crochet and baking to children and teens. 
  • Tell us a little about yourself. 
I am originally from Philadelphia, PA. I now live in Delaware with my husband. We are a blended family. I have five children and my husband has five children. We have four children over the age of 20, four teenagers, and two twelve year olds. We also have four grandchildren. I am a lunch lady for the local school district, I own two small businesses, one a crochet design business, and a small dessert business. I love to volunteer and help out at my children's schools. 


Check out these other awesome gift ideas! 

Green and Blue Fingerless Gloves 

Double Blue Flower Clutch Purse 

Stripe Tote Bag

Pink and Grey Stripe Tote Bag







No comments:

Post a Comment